Thursday 1 May 2014

BACON RANCH BREAD



INGREDIENTS
  • 12 bacon strips, diced (I used crumbled bacon)
  • 1 (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
  • 1 c (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Roll out dough to ½-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1 in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
  2. I arranged the pieces in my tube cake pan. I did not grease the pan. I should have!!
  3. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
  4. Cover with foil and bake at 300° for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. I turned on the broiler for the last few minutes, keeping a close watch so it didn’t burn.