Wednesday 30 April 2014

CREAMY MOZZARELLA & HAMBURGER PENNE PASTA


I had a little bit of hamburger meat left over from a spaghetti that I had froze for homemade pizza. I was tending to household chores and realized that it wasn’t 2pm, it was 4 and I needed to have a meal on the table by 5. I keep my diabetic Dad on a tight schedule. Even though he is on insulin he is still delicate and needs to eat at certain times.
I boiled the penne pasta and steamed a small container of whipping cream, mozzarella, a sprinkle of garlic and onion powder and another couple sprinkles of pepper together. Once the sauce began to thicken I drained the penne pasta and poured the cream over it. I sprinkled the left over hamburger meat on top and gave it a quick turn over. I placed it in the oven on 450 while I set the table and within minutes it was ready to go.
Easy, quick and Dad asked for more. Yeah me!