Wednesday 30 April 2014

GROUND PORK BALLS WITH RED PEPPERS, TOMATO SAUCE, BASIL, PENNE PASTA PARMESAN RECIPE




Oh so easy is this meal! Honestly, easy and here is how it is done.
I pre-made the pork balls during pork ball night. Yes, I have an Official Pork Ball Night. It’s like ladies night except with pork balls. haha I’m not kidding. I purchase fresh ground pork from the grocery store and dedicate one night to making the pork balls. I bake them in the oven and freeze them for later. This saves me soooooooooo much time. All I had to do was boil the pasta, chop the red peppers and heat it all up. It’s all easy peasy here folks.
Ground Pork Balls
The balls
1-2 pounds of ground pork
2 cups bread crumbs
ground pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
rainbow peppers chopped
chopped red onion
The sauce
Can Tomato sauce
red bell pepper chopped
fresh garlic
Mix all the ingredients together and form into balls. Lay them all out on a cookie pan and place in the oven on 350 for about 40-50 minutes. (Our oven is getting old and the time and degree is never correct. If I hold my breath, maybe I’ll get a stainless steel stove which is what I am coveting. Of course, if I get a stainless steel stove I’m going to need the fridge and dishwasher too and since my budget is maybe $10, eppp, it is not going to happen but a girl can dream can’t she?) Sorry, sorry. I’ll shake it off. I often get carried away.
On the day of the meal, I took the pork balls out of the freezer and popped them into the tomato sauce and red peppers. In hindsight I should have used green peppers for looks but alas I wasn’t thinking straight. I was on a sugar high because hubby brought me home a donut. Oh dear. Shhh, there goes my diet.
Allow the pork balls to stew around in the tomato sauce on low while you boil your penne pasta. Serve the penne pasta with the pork balls and sauce along with a heaping sprinkle of basil and Parmesan cheese. If basil isn’t your thing, you don’t need it. You don’t need the cheese either if you are cutting calories. The pork balls and peppers are tasty enough on their own.
Fast and Yum!!! Yippeee