Wednesday 30 April 2014

HOMEMADE GROUND PORK BALLS WITH SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE

Remember last week how I talked about Pork Ball Day? Well these are more of those pork balls. Shaun and I went out for supper to celebrate our Anniversary today. Yeah! 10 whole years!!! in a row… (the meal was horrible- more on that later) (We will officially be married 10 years on the 29th but Shaun has to work) Anyways, I was happy to have the pork balls pre-made and ready to go. I knew I would be back before it was time to cook Dad’s supper but I didn’t want there to be a mad rush. Yes, I’m smart like that. Sometimes. If I didn’t think ahead I would be in a ditch somewhere wondering where I was. Okay back to the pork balls. Can you imagine having a conversation with me? I never shut up.



Homemade Ground Pork Balls with Sweet and Sour Sauce
The balls
1-2 pounds of ground pork
2 cups bread crumbs
ground pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
rainbow peppers chopped
chopped red onion
Mix all the ingredients together and form into balls. Place on a cookie sheet and bake them on 350 for about 40-55 minutes. Always check to make sure because my darn oven is old and I know it is having issues and I wouldn’t want your super fast stainless steel stove that I covet so much to burn your balls.
The sauce is very simple. In your dipper mix all the ingredients together and whisk like your life depended on it. Throw your pork balls in and allow to simmer. Serve with rice and fries. So easy, simple and delicious.
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup ketchup
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour