Thursday 1 May 2014

CHEESY BOWTIE PASTA WITH ROASTED CHICKEN, FRIED MUSHROOM, SWEET PEPPERS AND ONION


This is one of those kitchen sink type meals. I had bowtie pasta left over and I wanted to use it up before I opened up a new box of pasta of some sort. I also had heavy cream that was soon outdated as well as a little cheese leftover  from the first bag. I even had the roasted chicken in the fridge ready and waiting to be popped in a meal. It was meant to be for sure.
This is the first time our store ever carried the small  sweet peppers. They came in a bag of orange, yellow and red and Shaun was so excited to bring them home because he knows that  I love to dress up Dad’s plate to amuse him.  Dad appreciates my food photography and always wants me to take his plate to photograph. He is way too cute and allows me the chance to amuse myself as well.
INGREDIENTS
  • bowtie pasta
  • heavy cream
  • mozzarella
  • roasted chicken breast
  • mushroom
  • onion sweet pepper
  • oil
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Boil your pasta and drain.
  2. Add a little oil to your skillet and throw in your chicken mushroom, onion and sweet peppers.
  3. Fry for 5 minutes.
  4. Remove from the skillet.
  5. Add heavy cream to your skillet.
  6. Sprinkle with pepper, salt, onion powder or any other spice you like.
  7. Add your drained bowtie pasta.
  8. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
  9. Throw your chicken, onion, mushroom and sweet peppers to the top.
  10. Serve