Thursday 1 May 2014

PAN FRIED T-BONE STEAK AND ONIONS


I know the steak above is for my aunt because I know my uncle loves the taste that onion puts on food but doesn’t like the taste of onions. I’ve always wondered if I liked onions or not or just copied him. Both our families have always been super close. My Mom and Aunt Barb are were sisters. I spent a lot of time with my aunt and uncle and their two daughters.
Now that I’m older I notice the little things and I wonder why I think like I do or even like the things I like. The onion thing came to me about 5 or 6 years when I was asked to make egg sandwiches for a party. I made some with onion and some without. When Aunt Barb asked me if there was onions in the sandwiches I said yes. She said that my uncle didn’t like onions. I knew there was a reason why I made the egg sandwiches without the egg and it wasn’t until she mentioned it did I realize the whole onion thing was about my uncle and not something I had dreamed up.
Aunt Barb shared with me again and this is what she said.
If there is a better smell than onions (raw or cooked) I don’t know what it is! Unfortunately, it’s only me that likes them in my house. Put a little oil, the steak and onions in a pan and fry until it’s cooked to your preference. Enjoy!