Thursday 1 May 2014

EASY KID FRIENDLY GOULASH



My Mom loved to cook goulash. I would sit to the table with my arms folded glaring at my bowl of goulash and I would never take a bite. Even with chocolate cake for dessert dangling in front of me there would be no reason on God’s green earth would I put it in my mouth. Is it the name? I’m not sure but I’m not a fan.
When Aunt Barb sends me photographs of all the things she cooks my eyes light up and I start taking notes. She messaged me and told me she was goulash and instantly my stomach churned. Yuk. Funny thing is though, when I saw the photographs and saw the one of the goulash, I thought it looked good until I realized what is actually was. I’m a funny bird indeed.


INGREDIENTS
  • lean ground beef
  • salt and pepper
  • onion powder
  • chopped peppers
  • pasta of choice
  • can of tomato soup
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add seasoning to ground beef and fry until no longer pink. Add the peppers and fry a few minutes longer. Drain.
  2. Boil pasta according to directions, drain, add tomato soup and the ground beef. Heat on medium.