Thursday 1 May 2014

SPICY CHEESY CHICKEN BOW TIE PASTA BAKE



I made this Spicy Cheesy Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Bake yesterday for my Dad and brother and they loved it. It was easy, cost effective and if you have already baked your chicken you can pull this meal off in about 40 minutes.
I like to bake chicken ahead of time. I buy the Pinehill chicken breasts. I love the chicken from Pinehill. It is my absolute favorite. It is good bbq’ed, baked, boiled, grilled and in any dish.
I freeze my bell peppers. I buy them, chop them up, freeze them and use them when I need them. It saves money by doing this because they rot quickly. Normally, I would only get to use a little of them and the rest would be turfed. Freezing saves money and for us on a budget, this is a great idea. Same idea with the chicken. I buy the box, bake it and freeze it. I can thaw a piece, chop and use in any meal.
Do you have any quick meal ideas to get food on the table fast for a busy family?
INGREDIENTS
  • bow tie pasta
  • green bell peppers
  • orange bell peppers
  • red bell peppers
  • yellow bell peppers
  • tomato
  • baked chicken

  • Sauce

  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • ⅓ cup of butter

  • sprinkles of pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Boil the pasta.
  2. Fry the peppers, tomato and baked chicken.
  3. Sprinkle your seasonings.
  4. When the pasta is boiled I drain it and use the dipper for the sauce. I bring the sauce to a simmer and pour over the chicken and pasta in my dish.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes.