Wednesday 30 April 2014

RAISIN TEA BUNS





A cup of tea and a raisin tea bun, yes, my life is complete. I dip them. I’ll admit it. We all dip. Singing,
“I put my hand up on your hip
when i dip you dip we dip
you put your hand up on my hip
when you dip i dip we dip
I put my hand up on your hip
when i dip you dip we dip.”
Ingredients
3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup raisins
1 cup milk
Mix all the ingredients together up to the raisins on the list. Only mix for about 30 seconds. Add your raisins. Mix for 10 seconds. Add your cup of milk last. Mix for 10 seconds. When it is all mixed together you can lay it out on your table. Knead it all into a ball. Separate it into 4 sections and roll out each piece. Use a glass or a cookie cutter to cut out discs. Lay them on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes at 325.
Serve with tea. Dip. Sing along.