Wednesday 30 April 2014

CINNAMON SUGAR MONKEY BREAD LOAF DRIZZLED IN ICING





The Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread was requested for Christmas as a treat. We were all sick but everyone was able to grab a couple pieces none the less. It was so simple as always. I used one frozen loaf of bread dough. I allowed it to thaw out. I took 1 cup of butter melted and 2/3 cup of cinnamon and mixed it together. As I cut off little pieces of the dough to place into my greased bread pan I would dip the dough into the butter and cinnamon. I poured the remainder of the cinnamon butter over the top of the loaf.
When all the pieces were dipped and put into the baking pan, I left the pan on top of the warm stove for about 30 minutes for it all to rise. It should rise up just above the pan. Place it into the oven at about 325 for 20 minutes or so. Make sure you watch it because I will often have to remove it a few minutes early or leave it a few extra minutes.
Once the cinnamon sugar monkey bread is cool, I mixed up 1 cup of icing sugar with about 6 tablespoons of water. We didn’t want a thick sugar but just a little extra for the bread. I turned the monkey bread out of the loaf pan on to this pretty crystal dish that my Mom and Dad received for their wedding. Drizzle the icing sugar over the monkey bread loaf. Allow your family to pull off pieces. If you notice there is one spot with a piece gone. Sadly, I could not wait to grab a piece and should of photographed it before I became greedy. Ahh, such is the life of the monkey bread baker.