Wednesday 30 April 2014

RIGATONI WITH CHEESE SAUCE AND PORK SAUSAGE NIBLETS



Rigatoni with cheese sauce and pork sausage niblets was the supper I cooked for my Dad and my brother last evening. We had a rough day yesterday which was very stressful. Dad had an x-ray to check for more blood clots. Nothing more showed up but he was having a lot of pain in his leg. By the time everyone was home and we had settled, I was not in any mood to be fancy and cook up a huge scoff.
The rigatoni is easily boiled and the pork sausage niblets were fried up in a frying pan on the stove. So simple, so easy. My cheese sauce is a mix of Evaporated Milk in which I used about 1/2 cup. I added 2/3′rds of a cup of cheddar and mozzarella cheese to the milk and gave it a quick mix while the rigatoni drained. I added the rigatoni back into the cheese sauce and mixed it up again.
I served the pork sausage niblets on the side. You can easily mix it altogether but I gave my boys the choice.