Wednesday 30 April 2014

FRENCH ONION CHICKEN THIGHS AND LEGS



I found this recipe in the SPCA Cookbook. It looked easy to put together and I decided to give it a go. All you need is enough chicken for your family. I cooked 4 thighs and legs. It calls for a bottle of French Dressing, 1 bottle of water, a package of onion soup mix and your own chopped onions. Sounds simple enough, right?
I think the full bottle of water was a mistake though. There was way too much. I think about a half bottle would have been perfect. The recipe called for me to pour the French dressing over the chicken and to pour the whole bottle of water over the chicken. You open your pouch of onion soup mix and sprinkle it over the chicken. Lastly, you sprinkle your chopped onion over the soup mix.
You’ll need to cook your chicken on about 325 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I need to cook the chicken longer especially in these stoneware dishes. If you prefer your chicken cooked less, go right ahead but we like it cooked longer.
What is your preferred cook time for chicken thighs?