Wednesday 30 April 2014

SHEPHERD’S PIE




I will be first to admit I try to find the quickest and easiest way around cooking. You won’t find fancy recipes here. This is just me and what I manage to throw on the table for our family at any given day. I’m not a chef, I’m just learning how to cook more things than chicken nuggets. I like to experiment but budget + skill is at a minimum.
I fry my hamburger meat first.
I also boil the potatoes at the same time.
When the potatoes are boiled I mash them.
I add a little butter to the potatoes.
I also add garlic, onion powder and a little salt to both or either the hamburger or the potatoes.
This is when I get lazy.
Instead of cooking the veggies and peppers I add them to the dish frozen.
The first layer is the peas, carrot, wax beans and corn.
The next layer is the hamburger meat.
The next layer is the frozen bell peppers and chopped onions.
I always keep my freezer stocked with frozen peppers and onions. Do you?
Once I have all the layers lined up, I add the potatoes to the top.
I put in the oven on 325 for 45 minutes to finish baking.
I find that the veggies steam and it makes them plump.
Serve to a happy hungry family.