Wednesday 7 May 2014

Chicken and Mashed Potato - Hungry Man Meal


When your Dad says he is hungry and wants something good to eat, what do you cook? I decided to go with mashed potatoes because they had been on request for a few days. I also went with chicken because chicken is one of the most requested meals and I knew the chicken leg and thigh combo would be a hit.

I also had red onion, sweet peppers and mushroom on hand and wanted to incorporate them somehow. I baked the chicken as I normally would in my baking pan and during the last 30 minutes I threw the onions, sweet pepper and mushrooms on top and allowed it to cook that way.

The sauce on top of the chicken is a mixture of 4 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons soya sauce and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.

While the chicken was finishing up in the oven, I boiled the potato, drained and gave them a quick whip in my mixer along with onion powder, garlic powder and coarse pepper which is our absolute favorite.

Quick, simple and enjoyed.