Wednesday 7 May 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups


I have wanted to make homemade peanut butter cups for the past 11 and a half years. I know it has been this long because I remember the person who made them and who brought them to my friends house and gave one to everyone but me.. I grumbled and said I'll make my own thank you very much but I never did until last night.

There are many recipe versions available online but I decided to go with what I had.

2 cups of milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup of icing sugar

Melt your chocolate chips. Fill the bottom of your silicone cupcake liners with the melted chocolate. Give the peanut butter and icing sugar a quick few bursts in your mixer to blend it together and soften it. I added a teaspoon full of this on top of the bottom layer of chocolate and finished them with a top layer of chocolate. They were that simple.

They firmed up in the fridge for an hour or so and were served at room temperate. Yum