Thursday 1 May 2014

SWEET AND SOUR PORK





Oh wow, sweet and sour pork. Now, this recipe has my taste buds watering, what about you? Aunt Barb sent me the photographs for this meal and I wished I could put my fork through the screen and take a bite. Yum. I love anything with pineapple in it. This recipe will hit the spot for the pineapple lovers like me.


INGREDIENTS
  • Sauce
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbs. cornstarch
  • 1 can pineapple chunks in juice
  • ⅓ cup vinegar
  • 1 tbs. soy sauce
  • chopped peppers green and/or red
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Mix the brown sugar and cornstarch together, and then add all the other ingredients, except the peppers, to sauce pan. Heat slowly to a boil, stirring often. Add peppers and simmer another few minutes.
  2. Add the pork and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice.