The salmon was baked in the oven on a cedar plank purchased from Sobeys. It is too easy to make this.
I used a little olive oil on the cedar plank as well as a sprinkle of salt. Lay the salmon on top and cover with sprinkles of salt, pepper, parsley and chives. Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 degrees for 27 minutes.
You can mix the olive oil together with the herbs prior and allow it to marinate in the fridge for a few hours if you want.
(Dad likes his food well done. I could have removed it after about 15 minutes and it would have been cooked to most standards.)
- 1 piece of salmon (scale on)
- freeze dried chives
- freeze dried parsley
- olive oil
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil with sprinkles of salt, pepper and the freeze dried chives and parsley.
- Coat the salmon and allow to marinate in a covered container or bag for a few hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wipe a couple drop of olive oil over your cedar plank that you had previously soaked in water. (You don't want the wood to burn)
- Lay your salmon on top of the plank.
- Sprinkle a little more of the salt, pepper, freeze dried chives and parsley on top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes.
- The salmon will be baked at the 15 minute mark but my Dad likes everything done really well.
- Serve with peas, corn and potatoes.