Wednesday 30 April 2014

HOMEMADE MONKEY BREAD




This is the second time we have made Monkey Bread. It is sooo sweet, sooooooo sticky and sooo good. It is also easy to make.
I made ours with bread dough. I used three loafs of frozen dough. However, don’t.
You will only need 2 loaves. I used three and it exploded. haha
You will need 2 cups melted butter.
You need 1/2 cup brown sugar.
You need 1/2 cup white sugar.
You need 1/3 cup of cinnamon.
Allow your dough to defrost.
Grease your baking pan.
Cut the dough into bite size pieces.
I roll the pieces of dough into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Start filling up your baking pan.
Remember not to over fill your pan.
When I have the first layer done, I sprinkle it over with more sugar and cinnamon and brown sugar.
I pour a little less than half of the butter over everything.
I start layer two.
Continue adding bite size pieces until the two loaves are used up.
Sprinkle more of the cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar mixture on the final layer.
Pour the remainder of your butter over the top layer.
Bake in your oven at 325 for about 20-25 minutes.
Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Turn it over on your cake stand and start pulling pieces off to eat.
You won’t be able to wait.
Don’t burn your mouth.
Enjoy.
You should share with others.
If you don’t, I won’t tell.
I promise.