Wednesday 22 October 2014

Chicken, Celery, Bell Pepper, Cauliflower with Butter and Herb Pasta Dish



Yes, I cheated. The Knorr Sidekicks were on sale at Sobey's for a dollar a pack. I picked up the Butter and Herb pasta and thought I would use them as a side for dinner. Time got away from me and I decided to turn it into the full meal.

In the frying pan I added a little olive oil. I threw in some chopped celery, chopped bell peppers and chopped chicken and cauliflower. It sizzled for about 6 minutes on the 5th heat setting.

I boiled 2 cups of water in a dipper. I added the butter and herb pasta and allowed it to cook for about 5 minutes. I tipped the dipper into the frying pan, poured it all on top of the chicken and celery and mixed it all together.  Simple, cheap and hit the spot.

Yes, I also added coarse black pepper but no salt. I try not to use too much salt but feel free to sprinkle as much as you want. 


(Knorr did not sponsor this post. They do not know me. I bought it out of the money I found in the sofa. True Story)